236th & 143rd Hyojeong CheonBo 40-day Workshop
236th Hyojeong CheonBo 40-day Special Workshop and the
143rd Hyojeong CheonBo 40-day Special Workshop for Blessed Wives
We pray that our Heavenly Parent and True Parents’ blessings and love will always be with you.
Under the victorious authority of the True Parents of Heaven, Earth and Humankind and inspiring True Mother’s keen interest, Hyojeong CheonBo 40-day workshops are being held at the HJ Heaven and Earth CheonBo Training Center with the assistance of the absolute good spirit world. Hyojeong CheonBo 40-day workshops are held for the purpose of re-evaluating one’s faith, making a new start, solving individual and family problems, and accomplishing the greater will with the Holy Spirit and truth. The 236th Hyojeong CheonBo 40-day Special Workshop and the 143rd Hyojeong CheonBo
40-day Special Workshop for Blessed Wives will be held as outlined below. We hope many members will be able to participate.
Please note that this official memo is intended for members living outside of Korea and Japan.
1. Schedule for the 236th Hyojeong CheonBo 40-day Special Workshop and the 143rd Hyojeong CheonBo 40-day Special Workshop for Blessed Wives
Time Period: December 14 (Sat), 2019 – January 22 (Wed), 2020
A. Members who are in elementary school 6th grade and above, who can follow the workshop schedule on their own.
B. Middle school, high school and university students can split the workshop into three 14-day workshops or two 21-day workshops.
C. It is also possible for general members to split the workshop into two 21-day workshops if it is difficult to attend continuously for 40 days.
3. Workshop Fee:
A. General 40-days, Blessed Wives 40-days: 700,000 won
1) 10% of the workshop fee will be discounted if two or more siblings in middle school, high school, or university register for a 40-day workshop together: 630,000 won per person
2) The discount will be applied when you and your sibling register within one week.
3) 10% discount for middle, high school and university students attending from the same church community
B. 14-day Workshop for students: 250,000won (There is no discount for siblings)
C. 21-day Workshop for students and general members: 350,000won (There is no discount for siblings)
4. Things to Prepare:
A. Hoondok Materials: Exposition of the Divine Principle (3 color version), As a Peace-Loving Global Citizen, ChamBumo Gyeong (you can purchase an abridged version of the ChamBumo Gyeong for 7,000 won at the international office)
B. Clothes and attire: white t-shirts (three or more), pants that don’t release dust (for chanyang sessions), comfortable shoes (for Holy Ground prayer, outdoor activities and dedication), Holy Robes and Blessing ring (for those who will participate in the ancestor blessing ceremony), a set of dress clothes (for Cheon Jeong Gung pilgrimage, Sunday service, graduation ceremony, etc.), and some warm clothing
C. Personal belongings: FM radio, shoe bag, umbrella, toiletries, personal towel, personal medication, personal cup, medical insurance (see below for details)
5. Points to Consider:
A. It is good to participate in the evening chanyang session, but if you come late due to inevitable reasons such as flight arrival time, that day can be counted as your first day of the workshop if you participate in Jeongshim Won prayer which starts at 22:00.
B. If you cannot start the workshop on the first day, you can attend the workshop for 40 days from the day that you participate.
C. Members who are psychologically or spiritually challenged must first consult with the training center staff (+82-31-589-7177). If permission is granted, he or she may register only if accompanied by a caregiver. Please keep in mind that if permission is not granted, or if a caregiver does not come, the member may be asked to return home (The HJ Magnolia International Medical Center psychiatric ward closed down some years ago. However, members can receive treatment as an out-patient.).
D. Medical Insurance for Traveling Abroad (Traveler’s Insurance)
1) Even if you obtain a traveler’s insurance, you will be asked to pay the hospital fee first, and then be reimbursed later. Please prepare extra cash for emergency medical expenses.
2) Please check all details with the insurance company to ensure your insurance policy is valid in South Korea.
E. Members coming to Korea from abroad must obtain a 90-day visa before coming to the workshop
. The Training Center cannot acquire or extend visas for you. If your visa expires while you are still in Korea, the immigration office will charge you a penalty fee and your name will be placed on a list. If you need an invitation letter in order to obtain a visa please contact email@example.com
for further assistance.
F. During 40-day workshop, the use of cellular phones and other electronic equipment is not permitted.
6. Main Program:
* Schedule might change
7. Information concerning pregnant sisters who are attending 40-day workshops
Qualifications to be admitted as a pregnant sister: Pregnant sisters who are during their stable period (5 months after conception), and who can complete their workshop within the periods designated.
1) Members planning to give birth in Korea: Pregnant sisters who complete their workshop 15 days before their due date
2) Members planning to give birth overseas: Pregnant sisters who complete their workshop before 31 weeks of pregnancy
You are allowed to board a flight until 31 weeks of pregnancy. You will need a medical certificate issued by a doctor if your pregnancy is between 32 and 37 weeks, and it will be impossible to board a plane after the 38th week of pregnancy. Please check with your travel agent or airline.
8. The 237th Hyojeong CheonBo 40-day Special Workshop and the 144th Hyojeong CheonBo 40-day Special Workshop for Blessed Wives will be held January 25 ~ March 4, 2020.
9. Further inquiries:
C. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Ms. Christine Wong)