1Staying in HJ Heaven and Earth CheonBo Training Center
Any member of the FFWPU is welcome to stay in the HJ Heaven and Earth CheonBo Training Center to attend workshops, offer jeongseong (sincere devotion) and pray. As you can see from its name, the HJ Heaven and Earth CheonBo Training Center is a training center, so while you are here you will be asked to follow the ongoing 2-day or 40-day workshop schedule, regardless of the length of stay.
Non-members can come after receiving an explanation about the HJ Heaven and Earth CheonBo Training Center and affirmation from their local church leader that they understand the meaning and value of True Parents and CheonBo Providence.
If you arrive in the training center between 8:30 and 18:00 (the official office hours), please come to the international office as soon as you arrive to register for your stay. If you arrive at other hours, please go to the Korean office, where you can receive simple guidance from the staff on night duty, and later on register during the official office hours.
The staying fee in the HJ Heaven and Earth CheonBo Training Center is calculated per night.
one night fee
2-day workshop fee
Adult(13 years and over)
Elementary school(7~12 years)
* This fee includes meals and accommodation.
In the case of an adult, staying one night is 18,000won, except the night of the weekend 2-day workshop when it will become 30,000won. This means for every 7 days you stay, 6 nights will be 18,000won per night and one night will be 30,000won.
It is possible to pay for your stay in Korean Won and USD cash, and also USD travelers checks. Credit cards and other currencies cannot be used in the offices.
Before coming, it is important you not only have a passport that does not expire during your stay in the HJ Heaven and Earth CheonBo Training Center, but also please make sure you have a visa to enter Korea. Although many countries do not require special steps and you can automatically receive a 30 ~ 90 day tourist visa upon arrival, some countries will require visa application before leaving your country.
For a reference of the list of countries that need visa to enter Korea, please click here
If you have the passport of one of those countries that require visa application in advance, please contact the Korean embassy in your country for information on how to apply for the visa.
HJ Heaven and Earth CheonBo Training Center can provide an invitation letter if needed. To apply for the invitation letter, the national headquarters of your country should make an official request to email@example.com on your behalf. When making the request, the following documents should be attached.
1- Letter of guarantee, signed by the National Leader
2- Scan of a clear photo of the passport of the person requesting the invitation letter
Please be aware of the following points:
● HJ Heaven and Earth CheonBo Training Center cannot issue invitation letters for any purpose other than CheonBo workshop, and you should not stay in Korea longer than the workshop period with this visa.
● It can take up to 5 days to issue the invitation letter, so please make your request in advance.
● HJ Heaven and Earth CheonBo Training Center cannot notarize the invitation letter.
● If your visa expires during your stay, your name will be recorded by the immigration department, making it difficult to enter Korea again in the future, and you might be asked to pay a fine when you leave the country.
● Please make sure you have a visa that lasts for the full period of your stay. It is very difficult to extend your visa after coming to Korea.
3What to bring
2-days weekend workshop
● clothing: white shirts for Chanyang Sessions, pants, socks and underwear
● shoes: comfortable shoes, i.e. sneakers (the holy ground is on the top of a mountain)
● toiletries: (ex. eco-friendly hair and body wash, toothbrush, toothpaste, facewash, shaver, etc.)
● FM radio and earphones (if you do not understand Korean)
● travelers insurance
● personal medication
Any period other than 2-days weekend workshop
● everything in the 2-days weekend workshop list
● HDH material: Three-color Exposition of Divine Principle, As a Peace Loving Global Citizen, Cham Bumo Gyeong (you can purchase an abridged version of the Cham Bumo Gyeong for 7,000 won at the international office)
● towels (it is strongly recommend that you do not bring big bath towels because they do not dry well and causes mold to form in the locker rooms. Please bring smaller towels)
● a set of dress clothes and shoes for An Shi Il and special occasions
● stationary and notebook
● light jacket or sweater (even in the summer, the temperature might drop when it rains and also the air conditioning in the lecture hall can be strong)
● umbrella or raincoat
● eco-friendly laundry detergent
● sunscreen, hat (June-September)
● snow boots and heavy coat (November-February)
● backpack or bag to carry personal items around the training center
● flip-flops or sandals to wear on rainy days
● granola bars, tuna cans, peanut butter, cereals, etc. (If you are not familiar with Korean food (hot spicy food) and if you have allergies or particular diets)
● holy robes and blessing ring if participating in an ancestor blessing ceremony
● vitamins, iron and supplements
● water bottle
● pillow (HJ Heaven and Earth CheonBo Training Center provides sleeping bags, but not pillows)
● earplugs and an eye mask (you will be sleeping in a room with many other people)
● small flashlight
Please click here for things you can buy at the store in Choengpyeong
We strongly recommend that you obtain travelers insurance before coming, especially if your stay will be for longer than a week. The government of Korea does not support the medical expenses of foreigners, so even when a discount is applied for the trainees using the CheongShim International Medical Center, the bill will come out quite costly.
Some examples are:
- $50 for an examination and cold medicine
- $50 for an X-ray
- $60 for going to the emergency room at night hours for severe stomach pain caused by eating foods that didn’t suit your body
- $100 per night if you are hospitalized for any reason (treatment costs not included)
Please make sure you check all details with the insurance company as to whether or not the insurance policy is valid in South Korea. Also, even if you obtain a travelers insurance, most companies will ask you to pay the hospital fee first, and then reimburse you later. Please prepare extra money for emergency medical expenses. Credit cards are also accepted at the HJ Magnolia International Hospital.
To maintain an orderly training environment that allows you to concentrate on your workshop, Cheongpyeong does not provide Wi-Fi on the training center grounds. It is possible to contact home, etc. in your free time in the following ways:
1- Telephone: There are public phones that can be used with a calling card. The calling cards are sold at the Korean office for 10,000won (about 10 USD)
2- Wi-Fi is available in the CheongShim International Medical Center lobby, and you can use it after getting a pass to go to the hospital from the international office.
3- Computer in the international office: It is possible to use the computer in the international office for a short time in the case of an emergency.
Cheongpyeong recommends that trainees, especially during the 40-day day and 21-day workshops, to come after making arrangements so that they do not need to worry about constantly keeping in contact with any matters outside the training center.
Gapyeong-gun, Seorak-myeon, Misari-ro 267-33 Gyeonggi-do, South Korea. 12461 Tel : +82-31-589-7177(9:00~17:30) E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org